Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Val and Em Travel America






Em and I travelled quite a bit this summer, including: Las Vegas, Nevada; Steamboat Springs and Denver, Colorado; then cross country to Nauvoo, Illinois. While Emily attended EFY, I travelled through Mark Twain land, down through St. Louis, Missouri and continued to Tennessee to visit some Jones cousins of mine. While in Nauvoo, Em and I visited the Carthage Jail. It was a great experience. During our many, many, many hours of driving Em and I discussed her difficulty with having patience. We found this stone marker at the Carthage visitors center. (Patience is Heavenly...)



Also at the visitors center were large bronze statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. I thought Em was being a little sacrilegious, but she assured me that Joseph Smith loved children and that he had a GREAT sence of humor!




No comments: